A leading northeast gas contractor working primarily in the 5 boroughs of New York City is searching for a full-time entry-level Purchasing clerk in our Plainview office. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow with the largest union affiliated gas contractor in the New York City area.
As a purchasing clerk, you will work closely with the V.P. of purchasing.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, field personnel and others in the purchasing department.
- Organizational skills and detail oriented a must
- Ability to work as an individual as well as in a team environment
- Organizing files and collecting data to be entered into the computer
- Analyzing field tickets and invoices for errors and reporting problems
- Processing AP invoices
- Ability to perform end of month accruals
We have been a leader in the heavy construction industry for over 90 years. We are dedicated to providing distribution contracting services to our customers safely, reliably, and efficiently. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirements.