A leading northeast gas contractor working primarily in the 5 boroughs of New York City is searching for a full-time mid-level Estimator. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with the largest union affiliated gas contractor in the New York City area.
As an Estimator, you will work closely with our field operations for experienced input on estimates.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Utility Pipeline / Heavy Civil experience (8-10 years’ experience)
- High level experience with Excel, Word, Primavera and Microsoft Project.
- Heavy Bid Software experience a plus, not mandatory.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site visits.
- Review all bid documents.
- Communicate with subcontractors.
- Prepare project summary prior to bid for senior management.
- Prepare take offs and material lists.
- Meet with subcontractors as required.
- Meet with customers for negotiated work.
- Prepare estimates for review by department head.
- Provide a list of the project pitfalls and rewards for discussion with department head.
- Meet with operations to have field experience input for estimates.
- Meet with operations to hand off new projects and discuss the bid strategy.
- Support field operations during the startup phase of a new project.
- Salary based on experience.
- Excellent benefit package.
We have been a leader in the heavy construction industry for over 90 years. We are dedicated to providing distribution contracting services to our customers safely, reliably, and efficiently. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirements.