A leading northeast gas contractor working primarily in the 5 boroughs of New York City is searching for a full-time EHS Intern. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong communication and technical skills. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with the largest union affiliated gas contractor in the New York City area.
We have been a leader in the heavy construction industry for over 90 years. We are passionate in fostering safe job sites and forward-thinking employees by providing our workforce with the necessary education, tools, and skills.
Experiential & Educational Value: The intern, at the conclusion of the summer term, will be expected to have experience working in an EHS team, working across multiple functional areas to deliver EHS solutions that meet company and regulatory requirements. The intern will earn practical experience as a fully integrated member of our EHS department and will receive coaching from our team members to help advance career goals.
The EHS – Intern, will provide functional support in delivering EHS initiatives:
- Create an online inventory and tracking methodology of field equipment
- Participate in field inspections and assessments
- Conduct Industrial Hygiene & Environmental sampling and testing
- Oversee SDS review and update inventory
- Perform quality assurance audits
- Assist in Medical Surveillance tracking
- College Undergraduate degree or currently enrolled in EHS related major or minor.
- Completed at least 2 years of college/university to be eligible for the program.
- Must have a ≥3.0 GPA
- OSHA 30
- Minimum availability of 12 weeks (June 2021- Aug 2021)
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to commute to New York City
- Experience with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Experience / Knowledge Desired:
- Field experience with focus in EHS
- Knowledge of EHS regulatory requirements in the areas such as project safety, environmental regulations, hazardous materials management, soil management, and fire protection
- Experience with Digital Applications preferred (PowerBi)
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit the following supplements to [email protected]
- Cover letter
Application Deadline: 6/21/2021