A leading northeast gas contractor working primarily in the 5 boroughs of New York City is searching for a full-time Entry Level Estimator. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with the largest union affiliated gas contractor in the New York City area.
As an Entry level Estimator, you will work closely with our field operations for experienced input on estimates.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site visits.
- Assist in office with filing, coping drawings and uploading bid documents.
- Review all bid documents.
- Prepare bid packages for subcontractors.
- Prepare bid documents for in house use (insurance, safety etc.)
- Prepare take offs and material lists.
- Meet with subcontractors as required.
- Meet with customers for negotiated work.
- Prepare simple estimates for review by department head.
- Visit active Hallen jobs sites to see how the crews operate on a daily basis.
- Prepare packages of successful bids to be delivered to operations.
We have been a leader in the heavy construction industry for over 90 years. We are dedicated to providing distribution contracting services to our customers safely, reliably, and efficiently. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirements.