A leading northeast gas contractor working primarily in the 5 boroughs of New York City is searching for a full-time gas pipeline Drafting Inspector. We are seeking a highly motivated individual for as-built construction design with strong communication skills.
As a Drafting Inspector, your responsibilities will primarily be focused on creating accurate and timely field sketches by visiting job sites, taking measurements and noting field work in progress.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate with field workers and high-level executives
- Organizational skills and detail oriented a must
- Ability to work as an individual as well as in a team environment
- Create As-built drawings from field sketches for customers mapping system
- Experience in site plans and single line diagrams (Visio and AutoCAD a plus)
- OSHA and\or competent training a plus
We have been a leader in the heavy construction industry for over 90 years. We are dedicated to providing distribution contracting services to our customers safely, reliably, and efficiently. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirements.