A leading northeast gas contractor working primarily in the 5 boroughs of New York City is searching for a full-time entry-level Clerk. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with strong communication, time management and organizational skills. This is an excellent opportunity to learn and grow with the largest union affiliated gas contractor in the New York City area.
As a Clerk, you will work closely with one of our Superintendents assisting crews, tracking paperwork, and entering data into our custom support system.
Responsibilities and skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate with field workers and high-level executives
- Process Billing, Permits, 811 tickets and other related paperwork to support field work
- Office administration – answer calls, order supplies and schedule deliveries/pick-ups
- Entering work orders, paving requests and other supporting documentation
- Communicating with various agencies to support field work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer skills a plus
We have been a leader in the heavy construction industry for over 90 years. We are dedicated to providing distribution contracting services to our customers safely, reliably, and efficiently. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a comprehensive benefits package. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume with salary requirements.